Southern Oregon Land Conservancy
Position Available: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Are you seeking a job with meaning? A career that supports a mission-driven organization? Do you enjoy graphic arts, web design and have a creative, marketing side? If so, this is the job for YOU!
In collaboration with the Membership Director and Executive Director create, design and publish marketing materials and collateral that clearly communicates a unified message throughout the entire organization. Specifically, this position will help plan, market, and coordinate SOLC’s events; create communications; build volunteerism; and promote development and marketing initiatives in order to increase member and community involvement. Assist the Membership Director in the coordination and implementation of fundraising activities and donor database management (DonorPerfect). Collaborate with all staff to facilitate effective organization website content, updates, and utilization. The position will manage initiatives to promote and reinforce SOLC as a valued regional land trust.
Position requires 1-3 years of experience in events, marketing, communications, business, or related areas. The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or demonstrated relevant work experience.
Required skills and abilities include the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a variety of stakeholders with multiple interests and varying levels of authority to achieve organizational goals
- Comfortable in a small nonprofit setting with an ability to work well with volunteers, board members, and staff
- Strong organizational skills and administrative aptitude with ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work with office productivity software applications, event management software, and social media platforms
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as events require
- Comfortable communicating our mission and vision to members of the public
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use for event set-up off-site
Preferred skills and abilities include the following:
- Experience working within a conservation/environmental non-profit or other community-based nonprofit or educational organization
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to bring new ideas, search out ideas & solutions, and expand the communication impact.
- Professional Development benefits and a retirement plan with employer match
- Time off benefits including vacation, sick, and personal time
Salary Range: $30,600-$41,600
Office Location: Ashland, Oregon
Work Schedule: M-F, 9:00-5:00 with some evenings and weekends days required.
To apply submit a cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information (email & phone) of three professional references. A single PDF file is preferred. Direct your application to Cathy Dombi, Executive Director email@example.com. Please put the position title, Communications and Outreach Coordinator, in the email subject line.
Applicants should apply by the priority deadline of April 16, 2018 in order to ensure consideration. Position open until filled. For a complete job description and organization overview visit our website at landconserve.org.
SOLC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.